Well-groomed plants, a beautiful house, green grass – all this undoubtedly makes the rest at the summer cottage pleasant. However, if you place sculptures on it, it will become even more comfortable. They will add uniqueness, aesthetic appeal and home comfort to their appearance. Decorations for a private house or summer cottage can be bought, made to order or made with your own hands from various materials.
- ✱ Size: Please refer to the above picture.
- ✱ Material: It is made of resin. Exquisite details and emotions make this statue come alive! (The product may have slight color difference due to shooting and late toning. Please refer to the actual product.).
- ✱ Design concept: Our funny frog garden statue will steal your heart he’s so adorable! as bird feeder design, Let birds inhabit and enjoy seed food, then you could see birds from windows, decks or terraces. This statue is also a creative hydroponic plant pot, which can cultivate flowers and plants and decorate the space.
- ✱ Applicable occasions. Perfect for your garden, yard or front porch, this charming statue features finely detailed fur and captivating texture
- ✱ First-class customer service. If you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us and we will help you find a solution in time.
The meanings of sculptural compositions
It is believed that sculptures not only decorate the site, but are also able to influence the environment and its owners. Before choosing statues, you need to familiarize yourself with what its placement will mean:
- small gnomes – good luck, rich harvest;
- animal figures – good health, long life;
- sculptures of a man made of marble – protection from loneliness;
- heroes of fairy tales – an interesting, varied life with a lot of unforgettable moments;
- the dragon is a symbol of fertility, according to Chinese belief he is the deity of moisture and rain.
Many are skeptical about omens, but designers always pay attention to them when decorating a landscape.
Materials for making sculptures
The following materials are most often used for the production of sculptures:
- concrete or aerated concrete;
- natural and artificial stone;
- plants (such figures are called topiary).
Made of wood
Products are easy to make yourself. You can turn on your imagination and do, for example:
- a product made of scraps of plywood and boards;
- a decorative well or a hut made of cut branches;
- decorations made of hemp, snags, logs, which, with their bizarre shapes, will themselves give an idea.
The material is environmentally friendly and will fit into any landscape design.
So that pests do not start in the figure or it does not start to rot, treatment with a special composition for wood is necessary.
There is also a negative point: sculptures from this material for a summer garden. For the winter, they must be brought indoors.
- Easy installation and no power cord is needed.
- Daytime charging, night light, solar powered.
- Applies light wave to repel mosquitoes.
- Before you use, need to open the switch manually first.
- testing before leaving the factory to ensure that the product is perfect, stable and durable. We provide perfect customer service, if you have any questions, please contact us, we promise to provide the best customer service.
From plaster and cement
You can independently make flowerpots, various shapes, using homemade molds.
If you have a plaster statue at your own site or with friends, this is a great opportunity to cast a copy of it:
- Dissolve clay in water until thick. You can buy it or assemble it yourself, dry it and pass through a coarse sieve.
- Press the resulting mass into the existing shape. First from the front area, then from the back. You will get stencil forms.
- Expose them to the sun to dry. If cracks form, close up with plasticine.
- Make a mixture of dry plaster and water. In consistency, it should be like sour cream.
- Lubricate the stencils with wax.
- Pour gypsum mortar into molds and leave to harden for a day at a temperature of +16 … + 25 ° С.
- Glue the two pieces together with moisture resistant glue.
- Smooth unevenness at the junction of the halves with sandpaper.
- Paint the sculpture with moisture resistant paints.
Of course, gypsum is a fragile material, but with proper care it will last for many years.
Concrete sculptures come in a variety of shapes. Step by step manufacturing process:
- Build a frame, for example, from wire, pipes, etc.
- Make a mortar of cement and sand (3 to 1).
- Apply concrete mortar gradually, allowing the inner layers to dry.
- Decorate the sculpture. For example, you can use decorative elements cast from plaster mortar into silicone baking tins.
If there is no practice in making concrete figures, it is recommended to start with the simplest forms.
More experienced sculptors can build a castle. Stones will serve as masonry, broken ceramics and tiles will serve as decoration. Such a structure will ennoble the site and will cost significantly less than buying.
Concrete can be left outside for the winter if covered with a box. Only occasionally is it necessary to renew the surface layer.
You can use several types of stones to create garden sculptures:
- Marble. Products made from this stone are real works of art. When you look at them, it seems that they are illuminated from the inside. Such sculptures add luxury and presentability to the site.
- Granite. A durable stone that is not afraid of the negative effects of the environment. Sculptures made of this material look very harmoniously with granite benches, steps, fountains, paths.
- Sandstone. Figures made from this stone are durable and inexpensive.
- Polystone. Artificial stone, which is better than natural stone.
Having picked up stones that are suitable in shape, they can be painted and laid out with various animals in a flower bed.
For example, polystone makes wonderful turtles, snails, etc.
Made of metal
It is a durable, wear-resistant material. The price for sculptures from it is not cheap. Copper and bronze statues look harmonious against the background of any building.
Copper is not subject to adverse environmental influences (ultraviolet rays, rain, etc.) and a sharp jump in temperature. It does not rust, making it easy to clean.
Sculptures made from it are often installed not only in private territories, but also in parks and squares.
Topiary – curly haircut of plants. It is often used for landscape decoration in Europe. To decorate your site in this way, you need to stock up on great patience (the plant must reach the required size) and special tools.
- MODERN FOUNTAIN: Industrial fountain is the perfect addition to your décor, and features an interior pump that keeps the water flowing – just plug it in!
- RELAXING WATER FLOW: Water cascades down each tier to mimic the sounds of a real waterfall, adding peaceful ambiance to your home or yard
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN: Sleek stone look offers a cosmopolitan look that is stylish with any decor
- DURABLE: Zinc construction is rust and weather-resistant to keep your fountain looking new overtime
- STANDING FOUNTAIN AND ONE-YEAR WARRANTY: Measures 20″L x 14″W x 43″H to fit almost any outdoor area and includes a one year manufacturer’s warranty from date of purchase
There are 3 ways to create topiary:
- traditional – pruning a live bush;
- figures grown on peat;
- ivy sculptural compositions.
It is not easy to create a topiary with your own hands.
Please note that sculptures require maintenance. They need to be trimmed so that they do not lose their shape and turn into thickets.
From improvised means
Creative people can connect their imagination and create jewelry from any available means. For example, you can use the following materials:
- plastic bottles;
- broken dishes;
- branches after pruning trees;
- old furniture;
- broken bike and so on.
In general, with a rich imagination, you can make a decoration for a site from whatever your heart desires. The most important thing when registering is to observe the following rules:
- The figures should be combined with the landscape design. For example, if it is made in a modern style, you cannot put up old statues.
- The place for the sculptures must be selected in advance. It is recommended to make them out of cardboard and see if it will look harmonious in the selected area.
- Do not overload the site with decorative elements. This will only ruin the look.
- The figure does not always have to be the main decorative element. Sometimes it is more appropriate to place it on the edge and cover it with plants.
Landscaping is creative and fun. You only need free time, patience and imagination to make the site attractive, memorable and cozy.
Dear Readers! I have been running this channel for a long time, more than a year. Unfortunately, the profitability is poor. Writing articles takes a lot of time and effort. If you like my articles, sometimes help or are just interesting, help me not to abandon this case a little. Thank you very much!
- FAIRY CASTLE STATUE: Whimsical castle statue looks great in your yard or garden, or placed on your deck or porch
- RELAXING WATER FLOW: Water trickles down to mimic the sounds of a real waterfall, adding a peaceful ambiance to your home or yard
- REALISTIC STONE LOOK: Natural stone color and cracked details add a natural element to your outdoor décor
- DURABLE: Cement, polyresin, and stone powder construction is rust and weather-resistant to keep your outdoor fountain looking new over time
- IDEAL SIZE: Statue measures 19″L x 19″W x 35″H, the perfect size for your yard, and includes a one-year manufacturer’s warranty from date of purchase