Souvenirs brought from other countries can simply lie and gather dust in the closet, or they can become part of the interior, making it unique. Style, color, shape and size are of great importance for the combination, but only if you are an experienced traveler with a large heap of different overseas things – then you still have to puzzle over how to combine different cultures in one house. If there are few souvenirs, you will not have big difficulties in combining them into a single interior ensemble.
1. African masks
Masks for Africans are more important: they are an important component for rituals, ceremonies, protection from evil spirits. Not a single significant event in the life of an African family went without masks. They are still used everywhere, and this is despite the fact that the first of them appeared along with African tribes about 200 thousand years ago.
- Size: 16.25″ H x 7.75″ W x 3.2″ D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Rita Addo Zakour
- Product Info: Sese wood, brass and aluminum
As a decoration, African masks can be hung on the wall, placed on a table or on the floor, and secured to the base.
2. Japanese dolls Daruma and Kokeshi
Daruma and kokeshi (kokeshi) are traditional Japanese dolls made of wood. Daruma is cut out in the form of a tumbler doll. She personifies the deity of happiness and is used for the New Year to make wishes. Kokeshi is a figurine of a Japanese woman, most often without arms and legs, it is created as a gift painted doll for Japanese holidays.
As a decoration, Japanese dolls can be placed in a prominent place on a shelf or placed on a desktop – in those places where you most often spend time.
3. Persian rugs
Carpets are a symbol of the Persian people and modern Iran. In Persian culture, they act as paintings: there are colors, ornaments, and full-fledged plots here. Through hand-weaving – and this is how such carpets are made – people tell their stories. The longer the carpet is embroidered, the higher its price becomes.
As a decoration, Persian rugs can be hung on the wall or laid on the floor. In the second case, the carpet will work not only as part of the interior, but also as a full-fledged floor textile.
4. Italian paintings
Before you are four paintings: “The Creation of Adam”, “Dinner at Emmaus”, “Portrait of Mario Varfogli” and “Still Life with Melons, Peaches, Figs and Grapes.” All of them were painted by Italian artists at different times in different techniques. It is easy to see from these works that Italy is a country rich in the history of painting, and her paintings are an integral part of the interior in the Italian style.
As a decoration, Italian paintings can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor. In the second case, you will need a baguette or frame for the canvas.
5. Provencal curtains
Provence is a region in southern France known for its long lavender fields. And then there is the Provence style – this is when something light, and floral, and with pastel shades is simultaneously present in the interior. Provencal curtains are one of the details of such an interior, which can be easily entered into another style.
- Mix and Match Curtains Bundle | Bundle Includes 2 Panels Rod Pocket Blackout Curtains & 2 Panels White Faux Linen Sheer Curtains in 84″ Long.
- Blackout Fabric | NICETOWN Blackout Panels Feature an Innovative Triple Weave Construction That Helps Block up to 99% of Incoming Light and Insulate Against Heat and Cold.
- Home Decoration | This Elegant Ensemble, Combines the Delicate Look of Faux Linen Sheer and Functionality of Blackout Curtains Together, to Offer Versatile Styling Options You Will Love for Years to Come.
As a decoration, Provencal curtains are ideal as hanging textiles in the windows of a living room, bedroom or kitchen. If the room is on the bright side, these curtains will brighten the room.
6. Indian pillows
Indian pillows will help add an Asian flavor. They come in different shapes: rectangular with round or sharp corners, just round, square, even in the form of rollers with brushes. But their main feature is patterns. You can collect several pillows of different shapes and patterns to create a striking accent, but you should only do this if the rest of the details in the interior do not stand out.
As a decoration, Indian pillows can be spread out on a sofa and armchairs, added to a bedroom set, or placed next to a table in a living room as floor pillows.
7. Chinese lanterns
Chinese lanterns are the first lamps in China. They were made from red paper and a wooden frame, while remaining light and able to fly freely in the wind. Drawings of flowers or hieroglyphs were added to ordinary lanterns, and tassels of yellow fabric or red jewelry stones were hung from the festive ones from below. Nowadays, Chinese lanterns have moved away from the traditional style and are created in different colors with different patterns, whatever your heart desires. After all, the main thing is to be beautiful.
As a decoration, Chinese lanterns can be hung on a doorway, on an arch at the entrance to a room or near the front door – from the entrance to decorate the staircase, or from the exit to please the eyes of residents and guests of the house.
8. Scottish tablecloths
The famous Scottish pattern is a check. But a Scottish plaid is too trite, but a tablecloth with the same pattern is a great option. By the way, the cells can be of several colors, so you shouldn’t be limited to red and black squares with white stripes – the most famous Scottish pattern.
As a decoration, Scottish tablecloths can be used on the kitchen table, as well as on the table in the living room.
9. Greek vases
In ancient Greece, vase painting was popular. The first vases with drawings began to appear as early as 2500 BC. e. Most often, they depicted everyday or mythological subjects. Drawings were applied with special paints followed by firing. The most famous style of Greek vase is the amphora. Such a vase is an elongated ceramic vessel with a convex shape, with two handles at the neck or near it. It was the amphoras that were awarded as a prize to the winner in sports competitions.
As a decoration, Greek vases can be placed on open shelves if they are small, or on the floor if they are medium or large. It is better not to use them as a vase for flowers, otherwise they will be lost in the interior.
10. Moroccan mirrors
Moroccan mirrors will help to add an oriental touch to the interior. Square, round, oval, with a wide ornamentation or a narrow frame, with rays like the sun, or tiled, as if removed from the bathroom walls, with glass inserts or completely carved from wood – this variety makes your head dizzy. If it is difficult to choose “the same”, pay attention to the classic mirror in the form of a Muslim dome – with it, the feeling of an oriental fairy tale in the interior is guaranteed.
- Product size: 20×20 inches, sophisticated design Wall-Mounted decorative mirrors, Good for wall DIY display.
- Material: Rustic Distressed White MDF wood framed decorative mirror, strong construction, saw teeth hanger for wall Hang, ready and easy to install.
- Price is for 2 piece of mirror. We sell it as one set of 2 pieces. This way can save some cost and help customer get more benefit. You can use creatively to do wall DIY decoration by many pieces for home wall decor.
- Wood floral decorative design on top of mirror that you can touch and feel, in exquisite craft, elegance and gorgeous impression to any room, house, office, living room, bedroom or anywhere for wall decoration.
- After-sales service: If products received not satisfied, you can choose exchange or refund, welcome to contact us for any question. Hope you enjoy buying from us.
As a decoration, Moroccan mirrors can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor. In the second case, a small support is desirable so that the mirror remains static.
11. Turkish lamps
Turkish lamps will help “cheer up” the modern classic interior of any room, even a bathroom. Despite the fact that such lamps are made of glass, they do not look boring. All thanks to the color of the glass – very bright and colorful. Since ancient times, experienced craftsmen have carefully collected such lamps from glass that they could safely be called a full-fledged manual work, especially appreciated at all times.
As a decoration, Turkish lamps can be hung from different sides of the room or given their main place on the ceiling in the bedroom or living room.
12. Victorian wardrobes
The Victorian style originated in England in the second half of the 19th century. Interestingly, it arose due to the growth of wealthy families: people began to live more comfortably, travel more and bring various expensive things from distant places, decorating their home with them. That is why you can see oriental, European, and even African motives in the Victorian style. We will focus on Victorian wardrobes. Carved from quality wood, carved book and souvenir shelves can be the perfect finish to your truly unique ethnic style.
As a decoration, Victorian cabinets can be installed near the wall, decorating them in the form of a full-fledged library, or they can be placed in the middle or edge of the room – then the cabinets will divide a large room into two different zones.
- CONTENTS: Includes four 18 inch high folding panels and one 18 inch round table top in color Antique Brown. Minor Assembly Required
- HANDCRAFTED QUALITY: Painstakingly handcrafted carved from 100% Solid Mango wood by skilled artisans.
- CONSTRUCTION: Measures 18 Inches Round Top x 18 Inches High Panels Holds up to 50 pounds. Minor assembly required
- VERSATILE: Charming solid wood accent table has a versatile number of styling options. Includes four folding panels for easy storing.
- Clean with a soft, dry cloth.